12 Reasons why I love being British

14:29

I can’t speak on behalf of everybody, but personally I’m rather proud of my heritage and absolutely adore being British. Sure, being born in New Zealand would have been the ultimate dream, but then again, Christmas would be utterly wrong on every level in the summer, so I guess I can let that slide. Continue reading to discover my sources of pride with the following fun tag.



1. How many cups of tea do you have a day? How many sugars?
This actually differs, I barely have a brew during the summer months due to the heat. Currently I’m drinking approximately two a day due to the rainier weather, longer nights and vulnerable mood. Two heaped sugars with plenty of milk, cheers!

2. Favourite part of your roast?
Mash and gravy, I can’t get enough of it. Random fact: My all time favourite advert is the 1970’s Smash Advert with the martians, it will never get old for me, it’s just far too epic. 

3. Favourite dunking biscuit?
There’s just something heavenly about a triple chocolate digestive, isn’t there? As a runner up I do appreciate a good old bourbon though!

4. Favourite quintessentially British pastime?
Honestly, I’m not especially knowledgeable when it comes to British traditions and pastimes. I either know a little about something, such as dancing around the Maypole, or despise it as I do the whole notion of Bonfire night. Us Brits however, love our pubs and sports, therefore it has to be none other than watching the footie down at the local!

5. Favourite word?
I tend to prefer many of the more American words if I’m honest, but spud is rather cute! I’m actually quite a rubbish Brit, aren’t I?

6. Cockney rhyming slang?
China plate, mate. With the frequency in which I refer to people simply as mate, this is a bit of a no brainer. 



7. Favourite sweet?
This. Is. Too. Hard! Hmm, Dip Dab, or maybe aniseed balls? As for British chocolate that would be easy, Terry’s chocolate orange. (Lindt for non-British though, of course.)

8. What would your pub be called?
The Black Sheep!

9. #1 British person?
What, other than myself you mean? Hmm from the top of my head I’m just going to go for it and say the Queen, because lets face it she’s adorable! You can’t get more British than our own royalty and she’s the only one aside from Harry of which I can tolerate. 

10. Favourite shop/restaurant?
You’ve got to love a carvery haven’t you? Can’t get better than good ol’ Toby’s!

11. Which British song pops into your head?
With Richard and Judy in the lyrics, can you get much more British than The Enemy’s Away From Here?

12. Marmite?
Hold on whilst I vomit! 



Leave your favourite British things in the comments below and let me know if we have any in common! Also, credit goes to bubbablueandme where I originally discovered this brilliantly British tag. Be sure to leave me links to your own posts!

With Love,
Disaster Davis x


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Lets Chat!