I Love Summer!

19:51

This year is flying by at an alarming speed and we are now in June, to me this signifies the start of Summer! Bearing this in mine I decided to do a fun Summer tag today!




1. Favourite bronzer for summer?
I haven’t sampled many bronzers really over the years but so far mine would have to be the slightly shimmery bronze shade in the Virgin Cosmetics bronze and blush palette though unfortunately I'm unable to find it on the internet to provide you with any specific identifiable qualities. Otherwise I’d say the Sleek Antique blush, I already use this to deepen my cheekbone contour therefore could potentially work well as bronzer using only a light dusting.

2. You're relaxing in a hammock, on a tropical island.. What are you sipping on? (Favourite summer drink)
Okay so I have to go for a delicious cocktail here and can’t quite possibly choose between either Sex on The Beach or a Strawberry Daiquiri. 

3. Favourite summer lip product?
I really like pinks, orange and peach tones for the summer, I have yet to try it myself though potentially the Model’s Own ‘Main Stage’ from the Festival lipstick collection.

4. Pool or Beach?
I love both for different justifications. For swimming I’d much rather be at the pool for the obvious reasons of avoiding sand, salt water and being devoured by a rogue shark! Beaches are perfect for exploring, chilling out and sunbathing though.

5. Summer = crazy hair! What's your must-have styling product?
I'm actually really lucky in the fact that with my natural just washed hair if I leave it completely alone then I can get away with simply wrapping a bandana or such around my head, it manages to look as though I've put some sort of effort in and intended to have crazy poodle hair! I don’t really like to use styling products in my hair, other than heat protectors when I'm using hair dryers and such.



6. Sun bathing or fake tan?
Sun bathing every time, a natural tan can’t be beaten!

7. Favourite summer nail polish?
This is impossible because I change polish colour with my current mood or outfit! I adore bright colours for summer though, a nice lime green would be lovely. Model’s Own - Flip Flop maybe?

8. Any summer traditions?
I wouldn't really say that I have any, I used to go to Leeds Festival almost every year though I haven’t been for the past couple of years now. Aside from that when the weather is nice I love going to sit in a beer garden with friends. 

9. Favourite summer scent?
Anything light and refreshing! From the top of my head I can only think of either Britney Spears’ Curious or Marks and Spencer’s Shanghai.

10. Favourite BBQ food?
I can be really hit and miss with meat, sometimes burgers will for no reason make me feel really sick and chicken with bones is far too much of an inconvenience for me, so I’ll have to go with hot dogs for this one. 

11. What's your favourite summer-proof cosmetic product?
I typically attempt to wear the least amount of make-up as is possible during summer because it just feels awful. I can’t think of anything in particular right now but I've been loving using the Max Factor Face Finity 3 in 1 foundation, I've found it to be a rather lightweight product and I'm hoping that this will prove to withstand higher temperatures and such. Fingers crossed! 

12. Any summer vacation plans this year? No plans? Tell us about your dream summer trip!
Unfortunately I have zero vacation plans this year, I instead have weddings and things to attend. I'm utterly obsessed with New Zealand at the minute but considering it will be their winter now I think I’d have to go with Zakynthos for the summer. Or Ibiza, I've travelled to Ibiza already but I absolutely adore it! 



I’d love to read your own responses to these questions, why don’t you leave a link to your own post in the comments below?


With Love,
Disaster Davis x


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Lets Chat!