#BeautiesOnFire - Why so serious?

18:05

It’s time again for another #BeautiesOnFire post, you voted on Twitter and decided that our theme for this week would be Superheroes/Villains! Firstly, if you’re unsure as to what this whole #BeautiesOnFire thing is (where have you been hiding?) then please feel free to check out my introduction post below, additionally you may peruse the past few weeks themes.





When I discovered what this week’s theme would be, I have to admit, that I were utterly clueless as to what I were going to do. I’m almost completely void of all knowledge when it comes to superheroes and villains. Sure I’ve heard of plenty but I’ve literally only watched Iron Man 2, not 1 just 2, yes I’m a little (okay maybe a lot) backwards, oh and throw in the piecing together of YouTube clips showing Heath Ledger as the Joker. I were destined to struggle with any ‘added extras’ for this post however decided to put together an outfit and make-up look inspired by my chosen example regardless, despite not having seen the film in it’s full glory, I simply had to choose the Joker. Why you ask, when Iron Man would have seemed like the obvious choice? Well I just adore Heath Ledger, therefore it’s an honour to respect his memory in this way. Of course, I evidently lack green hair so used green to add colour to my dark eye-make up, saving me from the punched in the eye look I’d have certainly achieved with the abundance of only black. At the end of my look, alongside where my outfit is from and details of which cosmetics I’ve used, I will be sharing some information about the legend himself, of which you may find interesting.



Playsuit: New Look
Heels: Primark
Choker & bangles: Primark




Collection Primed & Ready - Pore Minimiser 1
Collection Primed & Ready - Eye Primer 1
MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation - NW13
Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer - Fair 1
George Silk Finish Pressed Powder - No 01 Translucent
Bourjois Bronze & Highlight Duo - 55
Make-Up Revolution London Baked Highlighter - Golden Lights
Make-Up Revolution London Mono Eyeshadow - Delicious
Make-Up Revolution London 144 Ultimate Eye-Shadow Collection Palette - Shade: Black - top row, seven in from the left
Make-Up Revolution London Eyes Like Angels Palette - Shades: Emerald Night, Green Starts and Green Envy
Bourjois Liner Feutre - 11 Noir
P.S, Love Kohl Liner - Black
P.S, Love Liquid Liner - Black
Model’s Own Hyper Eyes Mascara
P.S, Love Carbon Black Mascara
P.S, Love Lip Liner - Red
MAC Matte Lipstick - Viva Glam
Make-Up Revolution London Intense Lipgloss - Red



1. The look for the Joker had been designed by the legend himself, using white clown make-up and drugstore cosmetics! So you see, it’s not all about high end brands!

2. Heath and his older sister, Kate, were named after the characters Heathcliffe and Catherine from the novel Wuthering Heights, written by Emily Bronte.

3. Heath wanted his version of the Joker to be nothing like the previous, so hid himself away for six weeks in a motel in order to work on perfecting his own unique, and quite frankly epic, character.

4. As a teenager he had a passion for dancing and the first all boy school to win a nationwide high school competition had been led by none other than Heath, consisting of 60 male dancers.

5. In his honour a 575 seat theatre, named the “Heath Ledger Theatre” was opened in his hometown of Perth, Australia. On display here were his Joker costume and his Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor.




I’m aware this has been a rather brief post but do hope that you’ve found enjoyment from it regardless. Who has been your favourite Joker of all time? Which is your favourite Heath Ledger film? Let me know in the comments below and of course, head on over to Beth’s post to discover everyone else’s insane talents!

With Love,
Disaster Davis x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Lets Chat!