#BeautiesOnFire - Bold is Beautiful

20:17

It’s time again for another #BeautiesOnFire post, you voted on Twitter and decided that our theme for this week would be bold! Firstly, if you’re unsure as to what this whole #BeautiesOnFire thing is (where have you been hiding?) then please feel free to check out my introduction post below, additionally you may peruse the past few weeks themes.




I feel the best way to correctly and concisely sum up the word bold, is exactly as Google has described it:

Bold.
1. (of a person, action, or idea) showing a willingness to take risks; confident and courageous.
2. (of a colour, design, or shape) having a strong, vivid, or clear appearance.


There’s such a huge range of possibilities when it comes to creating a bold make-up look, for me, the perfect idea of bold make-up is to go a little wild with colour on the eyes and to use a darker yet complimentary shade of colour on the lips and that’s exactly what I decided to do today. At first I used a bright green in my outer V of the eyelid, which I blended lightly inward to meet an intense orange, finished off with a bright yellow just in the very inner corner of the eye in order to brighten and enhance. The orange ‘Afterglow’ and yellow ‘Sunrise’ were from the Sleek i-Divine Sunset 568 Palette and the green ‘Green Envy’ were from the Make-Up Revolution London Eyes Like Angels Palette. From the same palette I also used a darker green ‘Emerald Night’ very lightly in the outer V. I simply placed this in a blunt line for added definition, although I blended this well with the ‘Green Envy’ shade. I used 'Afterglow' and 'Green Envy' underneath my bottom lash line however after arriving at this stage in my look I decided that I really weren’t a fan at all, therefore decided to change my eye make-up entirely, though without taking off the original product beforehand. Yes, this means that my original look were then mixed in with the shades I chose afterwards, of which became my second and final look. Where my greens were I decided to use ‘Skyline’ from the Sleek palette, I then covered over the orange shade with ‘Pink!’ from the Eyes Like Angels palette and used ‘Peacock Dream’ from the same palette in the middle of both colours. I finished this look off with ‘Pink!’ and ‘Skyline’ underneath my lash line and of course my many eyeliners and mascaras!

Usually when applying my lipstick I will use a white kohl liner in order to achieve a lighter coloured gradient in the middle of my lips, today however I decided to use two different lipsticks. I firstly used ‘Mulberry’ in the corners and ‘Smother’ in the middle, of which I then blended appropriately. I much preferred my second look, what do you think to it? For a list of all products used simply keep on scrollin’ baby! (Yes, I did have Limp Bizkit in my mind as I typed that out!)



Collection Primed & Ready - Pore Minimiser 1
Bourjois Air Mat Foundation - 03 Light Beige
Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer - Fair 1
George Silk Finish Pressed Powder - 01 Translucent
Bourjois Bronze & Highlight Duo - 55
Make-Up Revolution London Baked Highlighter - Golden Lights
Sleek Blush - Antique 142
Bourjois Liner Feutre - 14 Noir Moka
Rimmel London Kohl Liner - Pure White 071
Bourjois Liner Feutre - 11 Noir
P.S, Love Liquid Liner - Black
P.S, Love Kohl Liner - Black
Make-Up Revolution London - Eyes Like Angels Palette
Sleek i-Divine - Sunset 568 Palette
Model’s Own Hyper Eyes Mascara - Black
P.S, Love Volumising Ultra Black Mascara
Sleek True Colour Lipstick - Mulberry
Sleek True Colour Lipstick - Smother




That’s all from me for today, I hope you enjoyed my ‘bold’ look, please don’t forget to hop on over to Twitter and help us decide our next theme! Of course, check out all of the delightful #BeautiesOnFire ladies in the link up located at the bottom of Beth’s post! They’re seriously the best bunch of ladies possible and I aren’t saying that simply because I’m biased! What’s your perfect bold look?

With Love,
Disaster Davis x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Lets Chat!