It's the little things

18:51

I've said this before and I’ll say it again, it’s often the little things of which many overlook, that really make you smile. We just need to be open to noticing and valuing such situations and occurences.




Above are a few previous posts of which I have wrote about little things that have made me smile or I've simply appreciated. Today’s topic of focus ties in with positive relationships, however. It’s always nice to feel appreciated and cared for, isn't it? That’s exactly how I feel after receiving some treats from friends last week, just because.


Whilst shopping with my best friend Riley, I noticed some really cute nails in Primark, I were at the time pondering getting a set of acrylics done, so I decided I were going to leave the nails, despite only being £1. Riley weren't letting this happen and decided to buy them for me as a little random gift, also because he really liked them himself - which is incredibly rare! In that same day I got left a present in my shared locker at work by my friend Josh, a big bar of Oreo chocolate, yum! That didn't last long, let me tell you! It really only takes a small act of kindness, showing a person that they've been in your thoughts, to make them feel appreciated. I really am so lucky to have such incredible people in my circle of friends. I'm rewarded with the same feeling when somebody leaves me a lovely comment here on the blog, it means so much to know that someone has taken the time to write something for me, so a huge thank you to all of which have done, you’re incredible!


Have you been shown any acts of kindness recently? Are you planning to make somebody else feel cherished? Giving is even better than receiving. Show someone special that you care! I'm going to show my appreciation for Josh in the form of kicking his rear end at pool this evening, because I'm clearly just the best friend there is, muahahaha. Remember, the little things often matter the most!


With Love,
Disaster Davis x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Lets Chat!