Christkindelmarkt & OOTD/FOTD

19:40

Christmas is coming and along with it breeds a multitude of pop up German markets across the country. This happens every year and by some blasphemous occurrence I had still yet to sample the joy in full HD of the delights the Leeds version holds. I have popped into the market in previous years but have never spent much time there or been with more than one person therefore it’s never really held magic to it’s full potential. This year however is different, celebrating something my friends and I like to call ‘Billingsmas’, we all were on our way for a lovely start to the Christmas (or Billingsmas) festivities.
Due to it being an evening event we weren’t focused on looking at the different stands filled with gift ideas, instead we opted for having a good catch up and laugh between ourselves whilst sampling the many food delights and beverages. This of course meant that we just had to stop by the stands containing garlic bread, bratwurst and chocolate marshmallows. Due to being a greedy little gremlin and having two tea time meals yesterday I decided to skip the scran and instead retained myself for the delightful chocolate marshmallows, for anybody who has yet to sample this work of pure genius – you MUST try them. It doesn’t sound like much, I mean chocolate coated marshmallows aren’t exactly rare – these are the best things ever though! There’s a fantastic collection of different flavours to choose from meaning there’s something for everybody, if I could have these all year round then I would as they far exceed anything else.
It wouldn’t be Billingsmas without the annual Billings photo and with Joe being on top form he surprised us all with his Christmas jumper DIY improvements, to the amusement of us all. I’m aware that ‘Billingsmas’ will make zero sense to anybody reading this right now (other than the friendship group in question of course), I can ensure you however, that along with the beautiful useless gifts given to an unsuspecting Billings, this were the cherry on top. It were a really enjoyable evening for all and gave us something different to do from that of the usual antics. As the German Market were shutting up shop for the night we did of course choose to stop by the local Wetherspoons, I think Mark probably needed this after Joe attempted to murder him with beetle biscuits, ew. All in all, I’d say that the German Market is definitely something worth checking out even at least once, there’s a wide range of stalls there with something for everyone. It’s a perfect way of starting off Christmas celebrations and getting people into the spirit and magic of the holidays!
Now onto the fashion and beauty side of things! I had planned to wear a knitted dress I own, which I absolutely adore but only get to pull out in the winter months due to it being too warm to wear at any other time of the year. Unfortunately, as I got dressed at the very last minute, I found the dress no longer fits me properly and didn’t cover my rear. Irritated and in high panic mode (whilst my friend were already waiting for me in the car outside) I had to think fast and find an alternative. I were pretty happy with my choice however, although the outfit no longer went as perfectly with my nail polish or jewellery I’d previously chosen.
Skirt – Hearts and Bows (Ark)
Crop top – Primark
Boots – Paul’s Boutique
Tights – Primark
Accessories – Primark
Perfume – Vivienne Westwood – Let It Rock
Nails: P.S, Love (Teal blue colour), Angelica – Bewitched and Sally Hansen Double Duty Base and Top Coat
Face:
MAC Studio Fix Fluid – NW13
P.S, Love Concealer – Ivory
George Silk Finish Pressed Powder – Nude 02
P.S, Love Sunkissed Bronzer & Eyeshadow Palette
Virgin Cosmetics Bronzer & Blush Palette
Eyes & Brows:
P.S, Love Sunkissed Bronzer & Eyeshadow Palette
Revolution London Ultimate Eyeshadow Collection
P.S, Love Liquid Liner – Black
P.S, Love Kohl Liner – Black
Rimmel London Kohl Liner – Pure White 071
P.S, Love Volumising Ultra Black Mascara
Lips:
P.S, Love Lip Liner – Red 03
MAC Matte Lipstick – Viva Glam
This has been a pleasurable post reflecting on the delightful events of yesterday. Spending time with friends is a much needed thing for all of us and with Christmas losing it’s magic a little more each time for many people as we age, it’s really nice to be able to inject a little magic back into the holiday with the people we cherish. How do you start off your holiday season? I’m now full of excitement and wonder for the festivities and would love to hear your own tales of the past and plans for your own enchanting end to 2015.
With Love,
Disaster Davis x
(Original Post on WordPress)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Lets Chat!