Reuniting with High School friends

21:57

High school reunions are something of which everyone has heard of and many have attended. Whilst these are, I think, typically ten years after leaving high school, myself and the old group decided to organize an unofficial reunion between us, almost a full eight years after leaving West Leeds High School in June 2008!

Why did we do this ourselves? Well for one I’m not sure of the protocol regarding this type of event and who organizes them etc, secondly our High School no longer exists and thirdly, with the powers of social media, why on earth not? I have recently become really close again with my high school best friend, Hannah, and I’m actually going to be her maid of honour at her wedding next year. We have both been feeling rather nostalgic of recent and therefore when it were suggested to some of our other old friends, like magic, it happened!


I for one loathed high school, I really didn’t have a good experience at all, but my shining light in an otherwise all encompassing abyss of darkness were my circle of friends. Some would say that we were a very odd bunch, with what could be described as the many differing ‘rejects’ thrown together, yet it made for the most awesome mix up possible! Without these guys and girls my school days would have been infinitely worse and I’m proud to call them friends. I’m sure I’m speaking on behalf of everyone else when I say that our un-official reunion were absolutely fantastic. It were incredible seeing everyone again, whilst being able to catch up and talk about old times too. We really did have some rather hilarious experiences. It’s safe to say that some of us got rather intoxicated and I’m without a doubt looking forward to doing it all again, hopefully soon and with more in attendance!



It’s insane to ponder the notion that these people have known me between thirteen and twenty years, as a couple of them I also went to Primary School with. It’s disheartening how we all lose touch after school as our lives get in the way of friendships, it’s amazing though, how we were all able to gather again and how it felt somehow as though time hadn’t passed. I’m so lucky and thankful to have such remarkable people in my life and I look forward to many more exhilarating times to come in the future. Thank you to each of you for the epic memories then, now, and still to come!


Now for the outfit and make-up side of things, venture below!


Disco pants: Primark
Love/Hate Crop: Forever 21
Sandal Boot Heels: Primark
Bangles: Primark
Choker: Primark
Watch: Bertha
Ring: Pandora
Belt: Primark
Bag: Primark



Base & Face
Collection Primed & Ready – Pore Minimiser 1
MAC Studio Fix Fluid – NW13
Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer – Fair 1
Bourjois Bronzing Powder & Highlighter Duo – 55
Make-Up Revolution London Pressed Highlighter – Hidden Lights
Sleek Blush – Antique 142
George Silk Finish Pressed Powder – No. 02 Nude
P.S, Love Make-Up Fixing Spray

Lips
MAC Matte Lipstick - Viva Glam
P.S, Love Lip Liner – Red 03

Eyes
Gosh Brow Kit
Collection Primed & Ready – Eye Primer 1
Urban Decay Naked Smokey Palette
Rimmel Kohl Liner – 071 Pure White
P.S, Love Kohl Liner – Black
P.S, Love Liquid Liner – Black
Model’s Own Hypereyes Mascara
P.S, Love Volumising Ultra Black Mascara



Have you experienced a school reunion yet, either officially or un-officially? I’d be delighted to hear about your own events, memories and friendships. Remember, everyone isn’t always in the past for a reason, sometimes life simply gets in the way. Lets all reconnect with those relationships of which hold real value and meaning. Reach out, life is too short!


With Love,
Disaster Davis x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Lets Chat!