I didn’t burst into flames!!!

18:01

Today’s post I guess is a little more of an account of a recent event I attended and an appreciation of relationships with the people I care about. Two greatly cherished friends of mine got married at the weekend, two of the most kind-hearted, loving, respectful, funny and intelligent people I have had the pleasure of meeting. I can’t imagine anybody better suited for either of them and I’m so incredibly elated for both Mark and Nadia. Whilst on this note, I’d like to take the opportunity again to congratulate them and wish them every happiness in their lives together. You are both amazing, beautiful people and deserve the very best of everything. Thank you for inviting me to share your special day, I had an absolute blast and will always have my own very fond memories to keep. You both looked absolutely sensational and I felt very proud indeed, you even managed to get both myself and Aimee crying – which neither of us expected in a million years!
So back to my readers, of course I’m going to be sharing some pictures from the event with you all and as always if there’s anything that you would like to know, for example where people have got different things from or about make-up and what not, then do feel free to ask me and I will do my best to provide you with the information. Meanwhile, what I wore is as follows!
Maxi Dress – Select
Cage Cut Boot Heels – Primark
Small Black Over Body Bag – Primark
MAC Studio Fix Fluid – NW13
George Silk Finish Pressed Powder – No. 2 Nude
P.S, Love Liquid Concealer – Ivory
P.S, Love Sunkissed Eyeshadow and bronzer palette
Virgin Cosmetics blush and bronzer palette
Revolution London Ultimate Eyeshadow Collection
P.S, Love Kohl Liner – Black
Rimmel Kohl Liner – 071 Pure White
P.S, Love Liquid Liner – Black
P.S, Love Lip Liner – 01 Nude
Lipstick – Unfortunately I’m unable to find out where this is actually from as there’s no details at all on the packaging, I will however provide a photograph below, I believe I’ve gotten this from a make-up set which has been gifted to me quite a while ago.

It makes me feel great to know I were included in such an incredible day and an event such as a wedding makes you think about a lot of things, such as friendship, cherishing the people we care about and always appreciating our loved ones. A marriage of course needs love to thrive, to love we also need a connection, trust, honesty, compassion, understanding and time. This isn’t solely needed for a marriage but is true of any relationship, the ones we have with our families and our friends. Often we forget just how much it really means to us to have certain people playing a part in our lives and equally we tend to take said person for granted, we forget to truly value and respect them, to fully appreciate them for who they are and how they make us feel. None of us are mind readers – so let your loved ones know just what they mean to you, better yet show them this through your actions as actions really do speak louder than words.
Above are friends of mine I have known for either a little or a long time, each one meaning so much to me in different ways or for different reasons unique to them and the friendships we have together. There’s friends of whom I have shared so many aspects of my life with, a support network that I know will always be there for me and encourage me toward doing whatever I want to do with my life. Friends of which are uplifting – inspiring and motivating me to be the best version of myself, also someone I’ve known since the age of four years old that never let me be alone at playtime whilst I were badly bullied in school, who accepted my friendship regardless of how it could have impacted on them by doing so. These friends have a mixture of amazing personality attributes including but not limited to being trustworthy, honest, open, genuine, humourous, compassionate, supportive, enthusiastic, intuitive, patient, understanding and intelligent. These people have been there for me throughout the happiness and sadness, the positive and negative, they all bring something different to the table and I can’t thank them enough for simply being the people they are, or for standing by my side. Of course this goes for my other friends also and isn’t limited to the sensational beings pictured in this post. I’d love to think that everyone special in my life realises how much they mean to me, I’d also like to say that this is even inclusive of anybody who has given me support or reached out to me via my blogging, this has been an incredible experience already and I can’t express how much it honestly does mean to me when people I don’t know take the time to do something nice – everything is extremely appreciated so thank you!
Enough of this soppiness now anyway, I fear my ice heart can’t take any more at this moment in time. If you do nothing else with your day, I hope that you’re at least receiving appreciation from somebody and giving the same in return. We are not mind readers and cannot be expected to simply just know, show that you care via actions and guarantee that love, respect and time is given to those you cherish. Get out from behind a desk, put work on hold for a moment and cultivate lasting treasured memories. Allow yourselves to come alive!
With Love,
Disaster Davis x
(Original Post on WordPress)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Lets Chat!